NOTE: Media organization logos need to be provided in the request. ALL REQUESTS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO REQUEST TO BE ON SITE.
2. The email must indicate the names and titles of the staff planning to cover the event. NOTE: Media credentials are for working media only, please.
3. Freelance reporters and photographers will not be issued media credentials unless they submit proof of employment/contract with a news organization. This could include a letter from a news director, editor or similar authority. NO business card or bylined articles will be accepted. The letter must be on original media organization letterhead and include a phone number of proper contact at the news organization if further information and clarification is needed.
4. Bloggers and other online reporters will not be issued a press pass unless they can provide documentation of substantial web traffic/viewership (Google Analytics Reports or other web traffic reporting tool) and their blog/online news source must be at least one year old. Each media credential request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and it is at the discretion of Cow Palace Management to grant the media credential.
5. Media passes are not available to high school or college journalism or photography classes. Passes are given to college newspaper staffs and are available to high school newspaper staffs on a case-by-case basis. An application must be submitted by the newspaper faculty advisor to be considered.
YOU MAY DOWNLOAD A PDF COPY OF THE MEDIA CREDENTIAL POLICY HERE.
How to Obtain Media Credentials:
All persons representing media organizations that request official media credentials and privileges during the Grand National Livestock Exposition, Horse Show & Rodeo and other events sponsored by the 1-A District Agricultural Association will be issued an official media credential upon employment verification.
1. As a reminder, media representatives will need to carry proof of employment at the news outlet identified on their Cow Palace media credential. (i.e. employee badge/station badge)
Media credentials will be available for pick up in the Administration Office on the requested date of your visit to cover the Grand National Event. REMINDER: ALL MEDIA REQUEST MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR REQUESTED VISIT.
NOTE: Media credentials used for purposes other than to conduct work on behalf of your media organization while at the Cow Palace Facility may be revoked. This includes all unauthorized person who are in possession of or misuse media credentials.
How to Obtain Media Parking Credential
Media that has requested and been approved for credentials will be put on a list at the parking entrances of the Cow Palace for complimentary parking for the date of the approved visit only.
Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to seeing you at the 2015 Grand National Livestock Exposition, Horse Show & Rodeo, October 16-17and 23-24!